Wednesday, May 25, 2011
How to make a letter in flowers, Tallahasee Florist
1) First find the letter you want and enlarge to desired size. Trace it and cut the pattern in cardboard.
2) Using a sculpting sheet cut out your letter by laying cardboard on styrofoam (sculpting sheets are 24X24 sheet of styrofoam and wet foam)
3) If you have to use more than one sheet pin together with dixon pins and wood pics.
4) Now soak your foam with water. The water will make this heavy so be sure you are using a wood easel or wire it to a strong structure.
5) Now cover with desired flowers. We also wrapped the styrofoam with satin ribbon to cover and give it the finished look from the side.
Special thanks to Jerime who made the patterns and cut out both letters.
Ask you local florist for all your floral need. Materials for this can be found at your local florist.